Saturday 20 November 2010

Blue Moon : A tribute to La Luna

Edmund Dulac

"There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls. "
George Carlin 

Kay Neilsen

"It is, alas, chiefly the evil emotions that are able to leave their photographs on surrounding scenes and objects and whoever heard of a place haunted by a noble deed, or of beautiful and lovely ghosts revisiting the glimpses of the moon? "
Algernon H. Blackwood 

Simeon Solomon

The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to. 
Carl Sandburg 

Arthur Rackham

"If the Sun and Moon should ever doubt, they'd immediately go out." 
William Blake 

Evelyn de Morgan

"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky, And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."
Muhammad Iqbal 

Susan Seddon Boulet

"The soldiers did go away and their towns were torn down; and in the Moon of Falling Leaves (November), they made a treaty with Red Cloud that said our country would be ours as long as grass should grow and water flow." 
Black Elk 

Alan Bean

"But I'm the only one who can paint the moon, because I'm the only one who knows whether that's right or not. "
Alan Bean 

"Beware the Moon" from An American Werewolf in London

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_moon

1 comment:

  1. I have a book illustrated by Kay Neilsen - Well weird.... Very narrow humans and refracted light and luminosity in the dark - great troll beings too. I baught it not knowing about the artist and the book was sealed in plastic - what a treat when I opened it up - look for the picture of the women on the polar bear - one of my favourites - the bear is pure power, and teh woman light....

    Long ago on facebook you had a picture of a women in the moon in blue looking coyly at the painter - a narrow image - always reminds me of my life (who is called Lunar!)

    A good theme..

    Could you do an Ember one? Ember is my daughter!

    ReplyDelete